Welcome to the NYC Elder Abuse Center’s (NYCEAC) April round-up of the latest in elder justice news & resources. We've selected and analyzed the most helpful articles and resources relevant to elder justice professionals. More →
The NYCEAC is a public/private multidisciplinary partnership, bringing collective expertise to bear on the issue of elder abuse. Our values guide our work.
- Respect for elders and a concern for keeping elders safe and free from harm.
- Person-centered service, with each client having a right to privacy; a right to be free from fear, abuse and ageism; and a right to experience safety, dignity, well-being, self-determination and respect.
- Respect for each colleague and their individual discipline, understanding the challenges professionals experience when doing this work.
- Shared accountability – to the individual’s organization, to NYCEAC and the multidisciplinary team, when applicable.
- Sharing and leveraging existing resources to maximize efficiency.
- Transparent and effective decision-making processes, with all stakeholders at the table, having an equal voice.