Television serves as an outlet for raising awareness of the value of older adults. This blog highlights the show Derek, which shines light on the value of older adults and intergenerational friendship. More →
The NYCEAC is a public/private multidisciplinary partnership, bringing collective expertise to bear on the issue of elder abuse. Our values guide our work.
- Respect for elders and a concern for keeping elders safe and free from harm.
- Person-centered service, with each client having a right to privacy; a right to be free from fear, abuse and ageism; and a right to experience safety, dignity, well-being, self-determination and respect.
- Respect for each colleague and their individual discipline, understanding the challenges professionals experience when doing this work.
- Shared accountability – to the individual’s organization, to NYCEAC and the multidisciplinary team, when applicable.
- Sharing and leveraging existing resources to maximize efficiency.
- Transparent and effective decision-making processes, with all stakeholders at the table, having an equal voice.