Domestic Violence (DV) Officers are responding to a domestic violence case involving elder abuse, which underscores the need to: 1) raise awareness of elder abuse issues among DV officers and 2) foster strong partnerships between DV Officers and elder justice professionals. More →
The NYCEAC is a public/private multidisciplinary partnership, bringing collective expertise to bear on the issue of elder abuse. Our values guide our work.
- Respect for elders and a concern for keeping elders safe and free from harm.
- Client-centered service, with each client having a right to privacy; a right to be free from fear, abuse and ageism; and a right to experience safety, dignity, well-being, self-determination and respect.
- Respect for each colleague and their individual discipline, understanding the challenges professionals experience when doing this work.
- Shared accountability – to the individual’s organization, to NYCEAC and the multidisciplinary team, when applicable.
- Sharing and leveraging existing resources to maximize efficiency.
- Transparent and effective decision-making processes, with all stakeholders at the table, having an equal voice.